Bodog Poker Review with No Deposit Bonus
Discover the Bodog Poker legal countries to play from, learn about the sites bonus offers as well as the need for a promo code to claim them and get other useful information such as poker game types offered and banking options available.
- Nice welcome bonus
- Large player pool with many tournaments and games
- Accepts cryptocurrency
- Limited banking options
Like many of the best gambling sites, Bodog offers a variety of bonuses to attract new users to their site and to reward returning players. Our Bodog poker review looks at a variety of the sites features including games, bonuses, deposit methods and other factors important to players.
Bodog Poker Overview
Bodog Poker is part of the PaiWangLuo Poker Network which includes Bodog, Ignition and Bovada online poker sites. Although founded in 1994, the Bodog poker room wasn’t launched until 2004. The site is registered in Antigua and regulated by the Antigua and Barbuda Financial Services Regulatory Commission.
There are actually 2 poker Bodog sites. Bodog.eu which caters to Canadian players and Bodog.com which is available to players in several Latin American countries including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru, Paraguay, El Salvador, and Venezuela.
As versions of the site are available in Canada and Mexico, some players ask is Bodog poker legal in US states? There isn’t an actual Bodog poker USA site. However, there are other sites that are part of the online poker Bodog US network. Both Bovada and Ignition poker sites are available to American players and are part of the Bodog US poker network. Ignition and Bovada use the same software, share the same player pools and have access to the same tournaments, so although there isn’t a Bodog poker US site, playing at Bovada or Ignition provides essential the same experience.
In addition to poker, Bodog offers an online casino, a sports book and a horse racing book although our focus here is on their poker room. It is easy to get started at Bodog.
- Click the “Join” button found in the top-right corner
- Supply the requested information
- Submit the registration form
The whole process can be completed in just a couple of minutes.
Bonuses & Promo Codes at Bodog Poker
There are a variety of bonuses offered by Bodog. Although there isn’t a no deposit bonus being offered at this time, there are several other bonuses poker players can take advantage of.
Bodog Poker Canada players can claim a generous welcome bonus when they make their first deposit to the site.
- Welcome Bonus: Claim a 100% matching bonus of up to $1000 for the first deposit made to the site. No bonus code is needed.
Players must deposit a minimum of $20 to qualify for the bonus. Rather than being released all at once the bonus is unlocked in increments of $5 for every 150 Reward Points earned by the player. There are no wagering requirements on the bonus and players are given 30 days to claim the full bonus amount. Reward Points are earned at the following rates:
|Game Type||Reward Points Earned|
|Poker Cash Games||15 Reward Points per Dollar of Rake|
|Poker Tournaments||15 Reward Points per Dollar of Fees|
|Jackpot Sit and Go||1.5 Reward Points per Dollar of Buy-in|
The increments in which the welcome bonus is released are as follows:
|Total Reward Points Required||Bonus Amount Released||Total Bonus Earned|
US players can take advantage of a similar bonus at Ignition, and an Ignition Poker bonus code isn’t required to claim the bonus.
Bad Beat Bonus
Have you ever been sure that you held a winning hand only to suffer a bad loss? If so, the Bad Beat bonus is something you will appreciate. Players with a hand of Aces full of Kings or better who lose to four of a kind or better can claim a bonus of 100x the big blind up to $1000.
The Bad Beat bonus is only valid for real money Texas Hold em cash games where three or more players are dealt into the hand. Both pocket cards must be used by the losing and winning hands, and the winning and losing hand must both go to showdown. To claim the bonus, submit the hand number and details via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (1-877-263-6422) within 48 hours.
Royal Flush Bonus
The best hand you can get in poker is a Royal Flush. When playing Texas Hold ‘em cash games at Bodog, players can claim a bonus of 50x the big blind up to $200 if they get a Royal Flush. To qualify your hand must win the pot, three or more players must be dealt into the pot and both pocket cards must be used. To claim the bonus, provide the hand number and table number by email (email@example.com) or by phone (1-877-263-6422) within 48 hours.
Bodog Loyalty Program
Regular Bodog online poker players can benefit from the site’s loyalty program known as Bodog Rewards. As mentioned above, players earn Reward Points every time they play poker on the site for real money. You can exchange Reward Points for bonus cash which can be used to bet on sports or play casino games such as slots, Bodog video poker or table games like Blackjack or the three card poker Bodog offers in their casino. Bonus cash can’t be used to play poker but can be redeemed for tournament tickets at the store.
Player’s level in the program increases with the more points they earn, and the higher the level the better the redemption rate.
|Level||Points Required||Cash Redemption Rate|
|Bronze||0 – 2,499||2500 Points = $1|
|Silver||2,500 – 24,999||2500 Points = $1|
|Gold||25,000 – 149,999||1666 Points = $1|
|Platinum||150,000 – 999,999||1250 Points = $1|
|Diamond||1,000,000 – 4,999,999||1000 Points = $1|
|Black||5,000,000+||1000 Points = $1|
Any player who registers to the site is automatically enrolled in the Bodog Rewards program. Once you have achieved a level you are locked in and it will never decrease. Reward Points will expire if not used within 12 months of being earned.
How to Claim the No Deposit Bonus at BodogPoker
A no deposit bonus is not currently being offered by Bodog. You can check out 888 Poker if you want to play at a site that offers a no deposit bonus. You can find a number of free poker win real money no deposit sites here at Nodepositz.org. In addition, you can find plenty of top online NDB codes for internet casinos here on our site.
Licensing And Regulation
Bodog.eu is registered and licensed in the Caribbean country of Antigua. The site is regulated by the Antigua and Barbuda Financial Services Regulatory Commission.
Games & Software
There are three different types of card games you can play at Bodog poker. These are Texas Hold’em, Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo. Texas Hold’em reigns as the most played poker game but Omaha and Omaha hi lo are gaining in popularity. Betting structure for poker games may be Fixed Limit (FL) where players can only make bets up to a certain size, Pot Limit (PL) where players can bet or raise up to the size of the pot or No Limit (NL) which allows players to bet up to the amount of the chips they are holding.
You can compete in a number of different game types when you play at the online poker Bodog site. Game types include the following:
- Sit and Go Tournament: A Sit and Go is a small tournament that begins as soon as the required number of people have signed up to play, so there is no scheduled start time. The number of players at a table can vary from as few as 2 up to 10. Bodog’s Jackpot Sit and Go tournaments use a three-player format that provides players with a chance to win 1000 times their buy in. The potential prize is determined randomly. These tournaments run throughout the day and have a buy-in from $2 to $60. Players start with 300 chips in their stack and the one that ends up with all 900 chips wins. With blinds increasing every three minutes, games are fast paced and generally only last a few minutes. You can play up to 4 Sit and Go tournaments at a time.
- Scheduled Tournaments: These are guaranteed poker tournaments meaning the site guarantees the minimum amount of money in the prize pool. They have a larger field of players and there are multiple tables. Tournaments have a scheduled start time. There are regular Bodog poker tournaments with guaranteed prize pools that range from $500 up to their $200,000 weekly tournament. Buy-ins for tournaments vary and start as low as $0.50. You can gain entry to the $200,000 weekly tournament by winning smaller qualifying tournaments or you can buy directly into the tournament for $162. There are several major poker series you can participate in during the year including:
- Super Millions Poker Open: Plenty of events and more than $8 million in guaranteed prizes
- Black Diamond Poker Open: 150 events and qualifiers and over $10 million in guaranteed prizes up for grabs
- Golden Spade Poker Open: An annual tournament series culminating with a huge main event. If you don’t make it in the qualifiers you can buy in directly.
- Knockout Tournaments: In Knockout tournaments every player has a bounty on their head. If you eliminate another player you get to claim their bounty as a cash prize. Likewise, if you are eliminated by another player, they claim your bounty. Players can participate in Multi-Table Knockout Tournaments, Sit and Go Knockout Tournaments and Progressive Knockout Tournaments
- Cash Games: Unlike scheduled poker tournaments, players can join or leave a cash game any time they feel like it. Chips in tournaments represent an artificial amount of money and basically are just a way of keeping score. However, in cash games chips represent real money. A cash game, or ring game as they are sometimes referred to, will go on as long as there are players who want to continue. Blinds in cash games are fixed. Bodog has cash game tables operating 24/7 with buy-ins that range from $2 to $2000.
If you are just learning how to play poker Bodog is a great site to get started. Once you register you will receive 1,000 free play money chips. These chips can be used at any of Bodog’s Play Money tables. Another 1000 play money chips can be added anytime you drop below 500 chips. When you learn the basics and are comfortable you can start playing online poker real money games.
Bodog has developed their own online poker software which is used by all the sites in their network. The software comes loaded with a variety of features including:
- Anonymous Tables: Bodog players enjoy complete anonymity with this feature which prevents your opponents from knowing who you are. It prevents recreational players from being targeted by tracking and game selection software. The idea is to level the playing field and make the game fair for everybody.
- Quick Seat: This is a nice feature that lets players be seated at a cash game in two simple steps.
- Zone Poker: The Zone Poker feature eliminates the time a player spends waiting for their folded hand to end and new cards to be dealt. As soon as a player folds their hand at a Zone Poker table they are redirected to a new table with new players and cards. You can play more hands in less time using this format.
- Customize Card Design and Table: Choose from a selection of different card designs and table themes to get the look and feel that you prefer.
- Embedded Casino Games: Bodog has a complete range of casino games built into their poker software. While playing poker you can play slots, Roulette, Blackjack, specialty games and video poker Bodog casino games at the same time. Incidentally, most casino games on the site have a free play option so you can also play free video poker Bodog casino games with no risk.
Before you can start playing poker online at Bodog you will need to deposit funds to your account. The following are the accepted payment methods for depositing to Bodog.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Deposit||Maximum Deposit|
|Direct Bank Transfer||$20||$1500|
|Bitcoin SV (BSV)||$10||$5000|
|Bitcoin Cash (BCH)||$10||$5000|
|USD Tether (USDT)||$5||No limit|
The accepted currencies on the site are Canadian dollars, Bitcoin, Bitcoin SV, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum and USD Tether.
Payment and Withdrawals
Bodog provides several options for players to withdraw funds from the site.
|Withdrawal Method||Withdrawal Limits||Withdrawal Time|
|Interac eTransfer||Minimum: $20 Maximum: $3000||Up to 1 hour|
|Check by Courier||Minimum: $20 Maximum: $3000||10 to 15 business days|
|Direct Bank Transfer||Minimum: $20 Maximum: $3000||3 to 5 business days|
|Bitcoin (BTC)||Minimum: $10 Maximum: No Limit||Up to 24 hours|
|Bitcoin SV (BSV)||Minimum: $10 Maximum: No Limit||Up to 1 hour|
|Bitcoin Cash (BCH)||Minimum: $10 Maximum: No Limit||Up to 1 hour|
|Litecoin (LTC)||Minimum: $10 Maximum: No Limit||Up to 1 hour|
|Ethereum (ETH)||Minimum: $60 Maximum: No Limit||Up to 1 hour|
|USD Tether (USDT)||Minimum: $60 Maximum: No Limit||Up to 1 hour|
Before withdrawing any funds from the site players will need to submit some verification documents
- Identification: Copy of the players driver’s license, passport or other official ID
- Proof of Address: Copy of a recent utility bill showing current address of the player
- Credit Card: Copy of credit card if used to make a deposit
Application And Mobile Version
There is a free downloadable Bodog poker app for both Windows and Mac OS. The download requirements are as follows:
- Windows 7 or later
- Intel Processor Core Duo or later
- 1 GB memory (RAM) or greater
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- 32-bit (High Color)
- 200MB or greater free disk space
- Flash Player version 16 or later
- Mac OS X 10.15 (64bit)
- Intel processor Core duo or later
- 1 GB memory (RAM) or greater
- 250 MB of available disk space
- Flash Player version 16 or later
Most computers purchased within the past 5 years will meet minimum requirements for the app.
Although there isn’t an app for mobile users you can still play from your smartphone or tablet. Bodog Poker mobile users can play directly in their devices web browser because the site is built on an HTML 5 platform. Poker games can be played on both iOS and Android devices and you have the same functionality as you do with an app on a PC.
Players can contact Bodog customer support 24/7 via live chat. In addition, they can be contacted through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-877-263-6422. Bodog also provides a fairly comprehensive FAQ on their site.
Is Bodog Poker Legit?
Are you wondering is Bodog Poker legal and legit? Bodog has been in business almost 30 years, is registered and licensed in Antigua and regulated by the Antigua and Barbuda Financial Services Regulatory Commission. The Random Number Generator used in their poker software has been tested and verified by iTech Labs. Bodog Poker is definitely a legitimate online gambling site.
Bodog Poker is part of the PaiWangLuo Poker Network which includes Bodog.eu, Bodog.com, Bovada and Ignition. This means they have a large player pool. Players can participate in tournaments and cash games 24/7, and buy-ins range from as little as $0.50 to well over $100 making them suitable for all budgets. New players can claim a generous welcome bonus and Bodog also has a good loyalty program. Overall, Bodog is an excellent option for poker players in Canada.
Players in the United Kingdom, Australia, Sweden, Spain or Belgium may want to consider Ladbrokes Poker as an alternative to Bodog.
+ What software does Bodog Poker use and is it safe?
+ Does Bodog offer a welcome bonus specifically for poker players?
+ What is the process for opening an account at Bodog Poker?
+ How long does it take to withdraw funds from the Bodog Poker site?
Professional author, editor and content writer. Expert in online gambling.
Last updated: 05 May 23
- Texas Hold 'em
- Omaha hi-lo
Crypto Payment Methods