BetMGM Review with Promo Codes
Topics covered include the BetMGM promo code, bonus offers, banking options, gambling licenses held, available games and tournaments and customer support.
- Good selection of tournaments every day
- Attractive sign up bonus
- 24/7 customer support
- M Life Rewards loyalty program
- Short time to complete deposit bonus requirements
A lot of different elements have to be examined when we review a poker room. We look at gambling licenses, mobile functionality, available games and tournaments, banking options bonuses and customer support. It is important to investigate these poker site features to ensure players have a fair chance of winning and withdrawing their funds.
Many long nights have been spent reviewing the best online poker rooms with promo codes so that you can rest easy. Our BetMGM review looks at every aspect of the site so that you can determine if they are the right poker room for you.
Bonuses & Promo Codes at BetMGM in 2021
Online poker sites are in a never-ending competition with each other to attract new users to their sites. This benefits players as one of the methods used by online poker rooms to bring in new customers is to offer bonuses. There are a lot of different types of bonuses players can take advantage of. Common types of poker bonuses include welcome bonuses, no deposit bonuses and reload bonuses.
Our experts have created a list of online poker sites that offer the best bonuses with the most favorable conditions as you can see. There are a number of different ways players can claim bonuses including through the use of a promotional code. Promo poker codes used to claim bonuses are a group of letters and/or numbers that can be entered in a specific area of a site to claim the bonus they are associated with.
For players in the US poker sites no deposit bonus offers are something they are always on the lookout for. These are similar to online casinos with no deposit bonus offers where players can try out a site and win real money without having to deposit any funds to their account.
There are a number of different BetMGM promotions that players can take advantage of. Among these is the sites welcome bonus which includes a BetMGM no deposit bonus.
- Welcome Bonus:
- $25: $10 in Online Cash and $15 in Tournament Dollars
There are some BetMGM bonus terms to claim this part of the sign up bonus. The offer is for first time users only and available after account verification. Players can only withdraw cash after earning 1 iRewards Point (iRP). Tournament dollars are only good for entry to tournaments and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- 100% matching bonus up to $1000
There are also BetMGM bonus requirements for the matching bonus. Only first time users are eligible and a minimum deposit of $10 is required. Cash is released in increments of 10% of the player’s first deposit. For an increment to be released the player must earn 20 times the increment amount in iRPs. For example if $100 is deposited the bonus will be released in increments of $10. The player must earn 200 iRPs for the increment of $10 to be released. Players must complete the requirements within 7 days or no other increments of the bonus will be released. A BetMGM bonus code is required.
- Regular Rewards: All BetMGM players are automatically enrolled in this promotion. Every month players are paid cash based on the amount of iRPs they have earned. Rewards start at $1 and can reach hundreds or even thousands of dollars. No promo codes are required.
There are many other BetMGM offers, most of which are limited time offers so specific promotions aren’t listed here. Check the promotions page regularly to learn about new bonuses as they become available.
Players can also take advantage of the BetMGM loyalty program known as M Life Rewards. M Life Rewards is a 5 tiered program. You advance and improve your status by accumulating iRPs and Tier Credits which are earned by playing tournaments and real money games. The M Life Rewards program is available across all BetMGM platforms so if you place sports bets or frequent the BetMGM casino your activity there will contribute. The following are the tier levels, Tier Credits required for each level and rewards.
|Reward Tier||Tier Credits||Rewards|
|Sapphire||0-24,999||Online poker, casino and sports bonuses plus travel offers and room discounts|
|Pearl||25,000-74,999||All rewards from Sapphire level plus 10% extra iRPs and dedicated line at participating MGM buffets|
|Gold||75,000-199,999||All rewards from Pearl level plus 20% extra iRPs and priority check-in at MGM properties|
|Platinum||200,000||All rewards from Gold level plus 30% extra iRPs, priority access for valet and taxi services and an annual complimentary cruise for qualifying members|
|Noir||Invitation Only||All rewards from Platinum level plus 40% extra iRPs, guaranteed hotel and restaurant reservations and complimentary limousine service to airport with hotel stay|
There aren’t any free chips in the rewards but there are plenty of other goodies. Enrollment in M Life Rewards is automatic as soon as you start to play.
If you are interested in other poker site promotions learn how to earn WSOP chips and other bonuses by reading our review of their site.
BetMGM is owned by MGM Resorts International and launched its first online poker site in New Jersey in 2017. Since then it has opened online poker rooms in Michigan and Pennsylvania. They are licensed to provide online poker by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board and the Michigan Gaming Control Board. Although BetMGM is relatively new MGM Resorts International has been involved in the gambling industry for 35 years.
Players at BetMGM can participate in tournaments and ring games. In ring games poker chips represent real money and players can walk away from a game any time they choose. Tournament chips hold no value outside of the particular tournament and a tournament only ends when one player is holding all the chips. The BetMGM games on the site are Texas Hold’em, Omaha, and 7 Card Stud with several variations of each. Hold’em games are by far the most popular.
Can you play in the US? At BetMGM USA residents of the states of New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan can play poker for money on the site. Nobody located out of those three states will be able to play poker at BetMGM.
The BetMGM sign up process is relatively simple.
- Click the “Registration” button located in the upper right corner
- Provide all of the requested information
- Submit the registration form
There is a verification process before you can actually begin to play. BetMGM will try to verify your account using the information you provided on the registration form. If for any reason they are unable to verify using the information you provided you will have to upload some documents to assist with the process. The easiest is either a copy of a state driver’s license or a state ID card. If you don’t have one of these you will need to submit one identification document and one proof of address document:
- Identification Documents: Passport (photo page only), Passport Card (front and back), Military ID (front and back) or Permanent US Resident Card
- Proof of Address: Bank/Savings account statement (issued in the last 3 months), Utility bill; water, gas or electric (issued in the last 3 months), IRS tax notification (issued in the last 12 months) or Tenancy Agreement (issued in the last 12 months)
Verification normally takes between 24 and 48 hours. Once your account is verified BetMGM log in is just a matter of clicking the “LOG IN” button and entering your user name and password. You will have to download the appropriate software for your device before you can actually play.
Security and Licensing
The gambling license held by an online poker site provides a set of guidelines that the site must follow. It is important to the poker room because it allows them to operate in a region legally and indicates to players that they are trustworthy. It is important to players as this provides them with some recourse if there are any issues with the site. Playing at an unlicensed online poker room opens you up to getting scammed and if you do have an issue there is nobody to turn to.
BetMGM is licensed to offer online poker by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board and the Michigan Gaming Control Board. In addition BetMGM uses SSL encryption technology to protect user’s data and keep it secure.
How to Claim the Promo Code at BetMGM
You should have little difficulty using the promo code to claim the welcome bonus at BetMGM.
- Complete the registration form
- Before submitting the form make sure to enter the bonus code in the field provided on the form. It is located at the end of the form
- Submit your registration
Once your account has been verified the bonus will be credited to your account. It will normally take between 24 and 48 hours for verification.
Learn about Borgata Poker promo offers by reading our review of their site.
For online poker players one of the big attractions is the available tournaments on the site. BetMGM has some great tournament offerings. Some of their bigger tournaments include:
- Daily $10,000 Tournament: Monday through Sunday at 7pm players can join this No Limit Texas Hold’em tournament with a $109 ($100 + 9) buy-in. It’s a re-entry tournament with 120 minutes late registration time which means if you are eliminated before 120 minutes have passed you can register for the same tournament and rejoin the game.
- Mega Tuesday $535 Six-Max Tournament: Tuesdays at 8pm players can compete for a guaranteed $12,000 in this No Limit Hold’em tournament with re-entries. Starting chip stack is 100,000. Buy-in is $535 which you can pay directly with cash or with tournament dollars. You can also use a $535 tournament ticket. Blind levels every 10/12 minutes and late registration ends after 15 levels.
- Progressive Knockout Bounty Tournaments: Thursdays at 8pm have a go at PKO Bounty Tournament. Guarantee is $7500 with a $320 buy-in ($150 buy-in + $150 bounty + $20 fee). This is a No Limit Hold’em tournament with re-entries. Players start with a 75,000 stack with blind levels every 10/12 minutes. Late registration is over at the end of level 15. For every player you eliminate you win 50% of that player’s bounty and the other 50% is added to your own bounty so you can pick up some extra cash.
- Network Sunday $35,000 Tournament: This tournament features $35,000 in guaranteed prize money with a buy-in of $215. This is a No Limit Hold’em tournament with 3x re-entry. The tournament begins at 5pm every Sunday.
These are just a few of the tournaments available on the site. There are 70 tournaments scheduled every day starting at 12am with buy-ins starting at $1.
Players can also participate in many different Sit and Go tournaments. Sit and Goes aren’t on a schedule. They start as soon as the last seat is filled and often only take an hour or so to complete. Sit and Go tournament buy-ins range from $0.10 to $500. They are great way to practice and learn the game until you figure out how to win.
The software at BetMGM comes from Party Poker so as you might expect it offers a good experience. There is a BetMGM download available for both Windows and Mac computers. The software has filters and customization options, good speed and easy navigation.
BetMGM mobile users haven’t been forgotten. There is a BetMGM app for both Android and iOS devices. The Android app can be directly downloaded from the site while you will be redirected to the Apple App Store for the iOS app. The mobile apps offer the same games as the desktop version and most of the functions.
There are a number of different options for players to deposit to their BetMGM account.
- VIP Preferred
- Play+ account
- Bank Transfer (ACH)
- Cash at Cage: MGM Grand Detroit in Michigan and Borgata Casino Cage in New Jersey
- American Express
- M life Rewards MasterCard
- BetMGM Gift Card
The BetMGM minimum deposit amount is $10.
Payment and Withdrawals
Of course every player wants to know how to cash out their winnings. Here are the BetMGM withdraw methods.
- VIP Preferred
- Cash at Cage: MGM Grand Detroit in Michigan and Borgata Casino Cage in New Jersey
- Bank Transfer (ACH)
- Check by mail
The minimum withdrawal amount is $20. Withdrawal times vary depending on the method used.
Customer support is available at BetMGM 24/7 via live chat. They can also be contacted by email through their internal ticketing system or by phone at the toll free number found on the site. BetMGM does suggest that players browse their comprehensive FAQ first as the answers to many of their questions can be found there.
Is BetMGM Legit?
Is BetMGM legal? BetMGM is owned by MGM Resorts International which has been in operation for 35 years. Their online poker rooms are licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board and the Michigan Gaming Control Board. They are a legal online poker site.
Is BetMGM safe? BetMGM uses SSL encryption technology to protect their customer’s personal and financial data. Fairness is ensured by their gaming licenses. BetMGM is safe and a legitimate online poker site.
Have you ever wondered is 888 Poker legit? Read our review of their site and find out.
BetMGM is making their presence felt in US online poker. They have a good selection of tournaments, a generous welcome offer and an attractive loyalty program. After completing our BetMGM poker review we find them to be a great option for residents of New Jersey, Michigan and Pennsylvania.
+ What is BetMGM?
+ What deposit methods can I use at Bet MGM?
+ What withdrawal methods are available at Bet MGM?
+ Where to enter codes on betmgm.com?
Professional author, editor and content writer. Expert in online gambling.
Last updated: 25 Nov 22
- Texas Hold’em
- 7 Card Stud